[GEM-dev] undefined symbol: _ZN14ParticleAction2dtE

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Nov 12 16:19:03 CET 2007

hi

Roman Haefeli wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 09:11 +0100, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>> Roman Haefeli wrote:
>>> after having removed 'Particles/partlib_system.cpp' and recompiled, i get now:
>>>
>>> /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/Gem.pd_linux: /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/Gem.pd_linux: undefined symbol: _ZN14ParticleAction2dtE
>> well, surprise, surprise: partlib_system.cpp is there for a good reason:
>> e.g. to provide functions like PartlibAction()
>
> did i say the opposite?

no, but your email camethrough before your question about "__ps";

therefore your emails sounded like: "i have removed an arbitrary file
from the Gem-sources and now it doesn't work anymore" - which is not
very surprising :-)

> ok. but why did it work all the years until now? i didn't change my
> system. i am still on the ubuntu dapper. AND i could use all the
> particle objectclasses. can you tell me why i cannot use  particle
> systems anymore?

i cannot answer you this, but recently i have modified the build-system
of Gem a bit, so that all .o files are copiled into the ./Objects folder
before they are linked.
this is part of an ongoing try, to compile Gem (partly) as single externals.

anyhow, could you do a "make distclean" (and eventually removed all
traces of .o and .d files in the Gem/src tree) and afterwards do a fresh
build.

mfg.asdr