[GEM-dev] vertex displacement

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 19:08:00 CET 2007

hello cyrille,
I did not know that this was possible at all. I always thought there are
only 4 vertices involved in the primitive and now I see that it is
possible to do displacement on pixel basis.
I tested the patch and on my system (osx, ATY,RadeonX1600) I can use
A 0, C 0, K 1 (B 1 or 0 does not make a difference)
A 1, C 1, K 1 (B - no difference)
and also your combinations with 256, 0.00390625.
so for me it works just fine.
the differences may be related to different hardware/os.
I also don't need the line
#extension GL_ARB_texture_rectangle : enable
what do you mean with "using texture in vertex shader would be great..."
do you think this should work without gemframebuffer?
marius.