[GEM-dev] adding exemple to gem

cyrille henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Sun Dec 30 20:17:03 CET 2007

zmoelnig at iem.at a écrit :
> Quoting Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org>:
>>> for stuff that has additional dependencies i would suggest to create a
>>> separate meta-directory parallel to the Gem-tree.
>>> (e.g. for gem+lua; gem+chaos,...)
>> I find it quite depressing that we can't get agreement on a standard
>> way to distribute and use libraries (aka externals).  This really
>> cripples the Pd community. Then we have to do things like organize
>> examples around why libraries might be used rather than the concepts
>> involved.
>

> that is why i was proposing to add a separate section for just this
> kind of things.
>
> i really don't want to tell people that they should use linux, or
> pd-extended or whatelse, if all they want to do is use pd/Gem.
>
> otoh there also should be a repository of more elaborate example
> patches _too_.

i'm not a big fan of externals.
So i think that elaborate exemple should not use externals.

for now, [any] is the only mandatory one. [list] should replace it, but for now it does not work.
so, i think i'll commit every patch that can be made without externals, and i'll wait for [list] to work for next exemple.

Cyrille