[GEM-dev] adding exemple to gem

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Jan 3 23:27:57 CET 2008

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> miller expressed his concerns once, that people should not abuse the
> gpointer for whatever. Pd assumes things about the gpointer, which are
> not necesserarily true when they are really pointers to "something
> else".

I'm curious: apart from GEM, GridFlow and PDP, are there any other
externals using pointers abnormally?

> it is kind of on my todo-list, but what i really want to do is get
> custom types into Pd (which would make the integer-id "hack" unnecessary)

Oh wow! If you can get Miller to add it, you're very good. I've spent
hours in IRC meetings talking about that kind of thing in 2005. Nothing
came out of it, and it was not a "maybe", it was pretty much a "no".
Krzysztof was also against it... at least in 2002...