[GEM-dev] Lua an GEM

Wesley Smith wesley.hoke at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 20:18:26 CET 2008

Hi Frank (and anyone else who was used the OpenGL/Lua/GEM triumvirate,
I'm working on a Lua module for doing Textures, Slabs, Shaders,
eventually Meshes, basically things that allocate resources within an
OpenGL context and need to clean house when the context goes away.
The module has a message passing system built inside it for signaling
particular external conditions about contexts etc. and I'm working out
how exactly it will interface into all of the potential environments
Lua/OpenGL can be used in.  So, for GEM:

1) How is a Lua script associated with an OpenGL context within GEM?
2) How do Lua scripts get notifications about the
opening/closing/modification of OpenGL contexts within GEM?
3) Are there Lua functions or C functions for these signals?

thanks,
wes