[GEM-dev] Lua an GEM

Wesley Smith wesley.hoke at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 02:21:34 CET 2008

> I might be wrong, but my impression is that this is all to do with order
> of execution (which is why Gem can't really be considered 'dataflow').
> You need to use [t a a ...] objects to specify where in the chain your
> lua script is executed, and that will be your context.

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the response.  So then how does one get any kind of
notification if the context goes away?  Is this something the user
making the patch would have to take care of?  For example, let's say I
had a shader in a Lua script.  When the context the shader is compiled
and allocated in goes away, I'd like to be able to free its resources
just before it is deallocated.  Is there a way to do this?

thanks,
wes