[GEM-dev] Lua an GEM

Wesley Smith wesley.hoke at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 04:59:56 CET 2008

On Jan 15, 2008 7:53 PM, marius schebella <marius.schebella at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
> the timing and erasing is usually done by the gemwin. afaik there is no
> way to get the erase trigger and the render trigger as two separate
> events from gemwin.

Ok, I'm actually not trying to get the render trigger.  I'm looking
for an event like dest_closed where dest would be the window and the
window is closing.  How does, for example, a texture in GEM deallocate
its resources properly?  I'll take a look at the source and see.

> do you have a working luagl version for os x?

Yes

> do you also have the
> problem that the gemwin doesnot come to the foreground? are you on mac
> at all?

I actually don't have pd and GEM installed.  I'm simply building a Lua
module called glo (GL Objects) that contains shaders, textures, slabs,
etc.  These things need events that indicate information about the
context to properly manage opengl resources.  With this thread, I was
trying to find out if there was a simple way to plug into such events
(if they even existed).  I don't really plan on downloading GEM, I'm
just trying to make sure the design of the glo Lua module is flexible
enough to support a wide range of embedding contexts.

best,
wes