[GEM-dev] dimen problem with 2 pix_video object

cyrille henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Mon Jan 21 18:32:38 CET 2008

just to conclude with this monologue :
in fact, i had 2 problem in the same time :
-there is a bug somewhere (in the driver) that make the video to crash when 2 webcam IN THE SAME USB BUS are used in the same time.
if the webcams are not pluged on the same usb bus, then it's ok.

-the other problem is still a bit mysterious, but it appear when 2 [pix_video] try to access the /dev/video0 device. This is the default behaviour of pix_video. This is why compiling V4L2 support solve this problem.
for now, i just change the link /dev/video0 -> /dev/video_0 so gem can't find the video0.
selecting the correct device later is then working.
i don't really know, butthis is maybe also a driver problem.

cyrille