[GEM-dev] pix_write broken?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jan 22 09:36:01 CET 2008

hi

B. Bogart wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I've tested this with a few different versions of Gem on my debian
> machines. All are etch with nvidia drivers from the repos.
>
> I've attached the patch I'm using to test, remember to change the file
> path!

a good standard path is "/tmp" :-)

> Anyone else running a debian etch machine and pix_write does work?
>
> What's happening is files are created, at the right size, but always
> 100% black.

true, you discovered a bug.
the workaround is to explicitely send the [pix_write] object the
dimensions of the to-be-captured screen.

           [loadbang]
|         [640 480(
[pix_write]

> Another oddness is that the first file created is named
> ".tif" even though "file" says it is a jpg. Subsequent files are .jpg as
> expected.

i cannot reproduce this.
in your patch you set the type to "0" which is tiff - and tif it produces.
when i set the type to "1" i get jpegs throughout.

mfga,sdr