[GEM-dev] crash on exit (if gemwin ever opened) in windows (wacom!?)

matteo sisti sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 14:15:12 CET 2008

Hi,

On SOME windows machines, every time I close PD (with gem), if a
gemwin has ever been opened (no matter whether it is open at the time
I close PD), pd crashes with the message:

"Instruction at ... referenced memory at ....; the memory cannot be read".

And it gives the message three times (i.e. i have to hit OK three
times) before pd finally closes.

Now I read this:
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2003-11/015207.html and I
realise that it systematically happens on those machines which have a
wacom tablet driver installed. I never use the wacom with GEM so I
would never have realized there was a correlation, but it is
definitely so.

The question is: this problem is known since 2003: is there any
fix/workaround? (apart uninstalling the tablet but i do need it even
if not in gem)
It is SO annoying to have to close the error message three times every
time I want to restart PD!!!

Thanks in advance
m.
--