[GEM-dev] [ pd-gem-Bugs-1877531 ] pix_write writes black jpegs when the save path is too long

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 22 19:06:04 CET 2008

Bugs item #1877531, was opened at 2008-01-22 13:06
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=507079&aid=1877531&group_id=64325

not just the latest update.
Category: Pixes (pix_ objects)
Group: None

Initial Comment:
With the path included in the file I always get the same behaviour, black images of the right size. Even if I send "640 480" to the correct inlet the behaviour is the same.

So I tried changing the path/filename, and BOOM everything works again.

/home/bbogart/Projects/iat-svn/bbogart/soos/trunk/test-captures/mountains/cap

will not work (I did not try making a fake directory named like this for testing, but I suggest you give it a try to see if you get the same behaviour.)

BUT this path/filename DOES work:

/home/bbogart/Projects/iat-svn/bbogart/soos/trunk/test-captures/cap

Interesting eh?

Also this is the source of the extension bug, If I use this message:

file /home/bbogart/Projects/iat-svn/bbogart/soos/trunk/test-captures/mountains/cap 0

I get a bunch of black JPEGs! where 0 is named .tif.

If I use this (the same directory called from a relative path:

file test-captures/mountains/cap 0

I get a bunch of properly labeled TIFs not JPEGs.

I guess the message/symbol is too long and causing problems?? I suggest trying to write to a file in a directory with 10 slashes, that should cover the bases!