[GEM-dev] tv distortion pix_

Jozef Henzl popcorp86 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 16:09:07 CET 2008

Hello,
I'd like to simulate the analog tv distortion with a gem. It should include:
* pixel shifts (for each r-g-b-a channel)
* ghosting
* image shift (like when you have a bad sync on a tv and image is sweeping
up-down the screen)

It seems I'll need to code some of the effects by myself, but if you have a
solution how to achieve a good result with a current pix objects, it'll save
me a bit of work.

and by the way, i've coded something what i call "jpeg fooker". It encodes
current pix data to a jpeg data, and does some changes in it (DQT value
rewriting). Then the jpeg data are decoded back to rgba. It causes various
funky image distortions and glitches.
But the drawback is high cpu usage during the re/encoding - but i'm using it
for live productions.

--
Jozef Henzl
http://popcorp.org