[GEM-dev] 2textures + gemframebuffer

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Mar 31 10:05:17 CEST 2008

hi

marius schebella wrote:

> there remains one more problem:
>
> [gemhead]
> [shader..]  [from_another_frambuffer]
>   |          /
> [pix_texture]
>
> that does not work, because pix_texture does not read the dimensions
> correctly. if I connect a pix_info to pix_texture I always get -1 -1 for

this is because [pix_info] will output information on the "pix" (that
is: image-data in main memory) in the gemchain.
since you don't have a "pix" in the chain, you get invalid data.

anyhow, the information about width/height should be set correctly in
the texture-message you send to the right inlet of [pix_texture].

iirc, there is indeed some bug in there with the framebuffer-objects
(have to check again whether i tried to fix it...)

as a workaround you can use something like:

             [$1 <width> <height> $4 $5 $6(

[pix_texture]

(or the like, i don't remember the arguments of the texture-message by
heart, just print them to see what you are doing)

fmgasd.r