[GEM-dev] ftgl on osx

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Apr 14 08:53:06 CEST 2008

marius schebella wrote:
> hi,
> I manually pasted the line
> -Wl,-dylib_file,/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib:/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib
>
> into the Make.config file (added to LIBS) after i ran ./configure and
> then gem compiled nicely. and I got font support for osx in text2d and
> text3d!
> unfortunately I don't know how to fix this automatically, maybe someone
> can add this to the configure script.

i rather think that this known bug should be fixed upstream instead of
including kludges in all affected packages.

however, a generic solution for such hacks could be to use special
environment variables to additionally add linker and compiler flags.

e.g. something like
GEM_ADDITIONAL_LDFLAGS="-Wl,-dylib_file,/bi/ba/bo.dylib " make

currently you can probably abuse the "X_LIBS" envvar.

fmgads