[GEM-dev] shall we release?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Apr 14 13:32:47 CEST 2008

IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> even though i have already mentioned it in my emails regarding the w32,
> i would like to ask you what you all think of doing a 0.91 release of
> Gem within the next weeks.
>
> for me, the main reason to not release was, that there were no recent
> binaries for w32, and i have been unable to produce them for a while (i
> just gave up after 3 fruitless days several times). for whatever reasons
> i have been able to produce binaries, so we should use the opportunity:-)

re-reading this email, i could hardly understand what i had written at all.
i try to re-phrase:

###
even though i have already mentioned it in my emails regarding the w32
binary of Gem,  i would like to ask all of you what you think of finally
doing a new release (0.91) of Gem within the next weeks.

the main reason for me to not release Gem for such a long time was, that
there were no binaries available for w32.
personally, i have been unable to produce w32-binaries for years
(usually i tried for 3 fruitless days and then gave up; i did so several
times)
now finally, i have been able to build Gem on w32, and think we should
use this opportunity.
(just in case the window of luck closes again...)
###

i hope this makes more sense...

fgamsr