[GEM-dev] shall we release?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Apr 15 10:48:22 CEST 2008

Patrice Colet wrote:
> IOhannes m zmölnig a écrit :
>
>> \path\to\pd\bin\pd.com -stderr 2>1 crash.log
>>
>> (pd.com instead of .exe to not detach the pd-process from the console;
>> "-stderr" to actually write to the stderr; "2>1" to redirect the stderr
>> to the stdout (i hope this is correct); write it to crash.log)
>

>  I tried with com and exe with 2>1 it writes a file called 1, it's 2>&1,
> I even tried stderr.exe, no way, still the same message, I can only give
> messages from the console.

yes that's the idea.

i checked again, here it works with
\path\to\pd\bin\pd.com -stderr 2>crash.log
in my case this is
C:\Programme\pd-0.39.2\bin\pd.com -stderr 2>crash-log

>  In fact I have to install cygwin and run pd through it on this computer
> for getting these messages (unless someone find a solution), but I'll be
> able to do this thursday only.

the solution above runs in the ordinary w32shell "cmd" (i don't have
such fancy stuff like cygwin on w32)

> pd crashes when I *open* the patch.

this is very interesting.
i just tried it on an XP-machine with a more recent nvidia card (5600FX
or 5800FX...), where everything works just fine.

> also 04_game_of_life.pd is okay,

the problem might be the image loading rather than the shaders.
do jpg-textures generally work?

also if they are opened directly, like in:
[pix_image img1.jpg]

as opposed to:
  [open img1.jpg(

  [pix_image]