[GEM-dev] ftgl on osx

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Apr 16 19:24:58 CEST 2008

chris clepper wrote:
> Looking at the configure.ac <http://configure.ac> file building on
> Darwin should disable x11, but maybe there is a problem elsewhere in the
> configure process?  This is more of a Zmoelnig quesiton since I use

yes of course.

i think the problem is that other dependencies used in the configure
process (wild guess: freetype/FTGL) pull the "-L/usr/X11R6/lib" into the
Make.config

i don't no what one could do about this.

> XCode on OSX.  If you want a project file I can post it here although it
> will probably require a fair amount of work to make usable especially if
> you are not used to Apple's second rate IDE.

chris, speaking of this:
- would it be possible to update the already checked in project file?
preferrably it would be moved to the new directory build/ (create a
"osx_xcode/" directory therein) so the projects don't pollute the
directory structure :-) oh, i would love to have SVN....
- would it also be possible to provide a recent "official" build of Gem
for OS-X? preferrably as a fat binary.

fgmads.r