[GEM-dev] what happens with GEM versions?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri May 2 10:07:18 CEST 2008

Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:
> Hi,
>

> And I can assure I am using the version I just downloaded, namely
> gem-0.90.1-W32-i586-bin-doc.zip
>
> So I'm really confused: it is said to have been released in july 2007 and
> yet it is still the old binary compiled in 2004????

the release date "2007-07" is obviously wrong, and the compile date
"2004" is correct.
the dates differ, because i migrated the webpages and did not care to
open each and every binary to see on which date it _really_ was released.

> Is there an error in the packaging? Am I downloading it from an obsolete
> page?

no, the latest release packages _are_ that old...

> By the way, it crashes if I load a DV-PAL avi file in a pix_movie. (doen't
> crash with homer.avi).
> It does not crash when it loads though, it crashes when I turn on the
> [gemhead] chain containing the pix_movie with the file already loaded.
> (very same patch works perfectly with the old 2006 version, which indeed is
> newer).

could you post a bug-report at http://sf.net/projects/pd-gem preferrably
with a patch (and data) that illustrates your problem? (probably it also
crashes with a minimal DV-PAL file (e.g. only 10 frames).
it would also be good to know which version of QuickTime and
DirectX/DriectDraw you have installed (and all the rest of your specs)

> Now I will try the 0.91 beta, however I am a bit confused about this
> supposed 0.90.1 which seems to be indeed 0.90........

0.90 has been released released around 2004-05
0.90.0 is the same as 0.90
0.90.1 is a bugfix release for w32 released after 0.90.0
0.91.0 (== 0.91) is the upcoming release

mfg.asdr