[GEM-dev] RGBA confusion...

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed May 28 18:25:53 CEST 2008

as hinted in my last email, Gem seems to have different hardcoded ideas
about what RGBA means (esp. on OSX)

the main confusion is about which "type" to use:
GL_UNSIGNED_INT_8_8_8_8_REV vs GL_UNSIGNED_INT_8_8_8_8
the solution seems to be simple (_REV on ppc, normal on i686) but it
seems to be done inconsistently in the source code, thus resulting in
all the alpha problems marius has reported.

i have created a wiki-page that tries to explain the technical
implementation of Gem's standard colorspaces, which can be found at
http://gem.iem.at/documentation/GemWiki/ColorSpace

i have filled this page to my best knowledge, but i would be glad if
somebody who knows what they are doing could have a look at it and
confirm (or correct) everything (esp. those lines marked with "?")

fgmasdr