[GEM-dev] Trouble about Gem with MIDI controller

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jul 10 17:10:22 CEST 2008

marco liuni wrote:

> Thank you very much for your attention,
>
> now the patch runs smoothly and MIDI controlling is quick. I've tried
> like this:

> - I've allowed double buffering on the window with a 50-milliseconds
> swap time;

i found that single buffer mode is incredibly slow on osx...(but
probably i just used it in extreme ways not intended by the devs)

> - I've put [pix_film]--[pix_texture] instead of [pix_movie].

blush, i haven't noticed you where using [pix_movie]; anyhow, once the
pix is uploaded to the gfx-card as a texture you cannot change it with
an effect like [pix_motionblur] (you would have to re-upload it)

the correct way to use these objects is really:

[pix_film]

[pix_motionblur]

[pix_texture]

anyhow, good it works now.