[GEM-dev] subversion again...

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jul 14 13:00:21 CEST 2008

hi all.

to lighten my growing frustration with CVS i would like to propose again
to switch the Gem development from CVS to SVN.

the main reason for me right now is, that my personal online-time has
been greatly reduced within the last weeks (and it is not clear whether
it will grow again);
with CVS i unfortunately need to be online for quite everything (even to
query whether i have modified any files), this is better with SVN (at
the expense of harddiskspace)

other boni:
  - the main Pd-repository is now using subversion too
  - all the fancy stuff about renaming files, fixing execution-bits,
deleting unused directories and so on
  - standardized format for links to the current (or a certain)
development branch; the main-branch could be
https://pd-gem.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pd-gem/Gem/trunk; what would
it be on CVS? cvs://cvs.gem.iem.at/cvsroot/pd-gem/Gem ? (it's probably
readable by humans, but not standardized and thus not readable by machines)
  - some of the remaining GemLibs (e.g. FTGL) are now also hosted in
svn-repositories upstream, so we could more easily include them.

i would suggest to keep the repository at sourceforge (why bother with
setting up our own)

plllleazzzze!!

fgam,sdr