[GEM-dev] Problem with logitech quickcam pro 9000 in gem

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Aug 31 01:15:35 CEST 2008

Quoting Daniel La Corte <betabeta23 at googlemail.com>:

> Hi together,
>
> I try to to work with a logitech quickcam pro 9000 with gem.
> The 00.SimpleVideo.pd patch does not work for me.
> It seems like it doesn't recognize the cam.

it might be that your card only has video4linux2 drivers.
unfortunately Gem's video4linux-2 support is currently not really
functional; the video4linux (that is: video4inux-1) does work fine
however.

did you try loading the v4l1-compat compatibility module?

does the camera work with other software (xawtv for starters; however,
xawtv does have full video4linux-2 support)

fgmsdr