[GEM-dev] Problem with logitech quickcam pro 9000 in gem

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Sep 1 11:38:48 CEST 2008

Daniel La Corte wrote:

> I think the card uses video4linux2.
> the  v4l1-compat module was already loaded.
> xawtv seems not to work on my system.
> thanks for your help.

if not even xawtv is working, then i think chances are slim that any
other application will be able to do so. (xawtv being the reference
implementation using the v4l-API)

nevertheless a quick google showed me that there do exist some tutorials
on how to make the camera work, so i suggest you go through them, and
once you are able to grab frames from any application, we go and try to
make it work with Gem.

on a related note: it seems that libv4l is going to be included in
debian soon (probably once the lenny release is done and package
inclusion returns to normal); i hope this will be the solution to the
v4l-2 disaster...

fgmasdr