[GEM-dev] TIFF files from pix_buffer (and others?) missing some "standard" tags?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Nov 5 12:16:45 CET 2008

hi

B. Bogart wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I've had trouble loading some TIFs generated in pd/Gem in PIL (python
> imaging). I asked on the list and it seems PIL expects some particular
> TIF tags being set in order to recognize the image.

ok, i have fixed this now.

> I think it can only be an improvement to add these tags so that tifs
> generated in pd/Gem can be loaded by as many applications as possible.
>
> The attachment contains the specific tags.

nevertheless: Gem tries to default to use imagemagick for
reading/writing images (on lin and win).
imagemagick does produce correct files (with all tifftags set).
the missing tifftags only occured (though this is know fixed) when using
the fallback libtiff library.
is there any reason why you are not using imagemagick?

mfg.ui.,xdf