[GEM-dev] building gem in intrepid

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Nov 12 09:43:26 CET 2008

Max wrote:
> moved from pd-list to gem-dev:
>
>> see
>> https://pd-gem.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pd-gem/trunk/Gem/src/README.linux
>>
>> the "Debian" section applies to all Debian-based distros.
>
> i added the debian-multimedia stable repository to my sources.
>
> #> aptitude install libgl-dev libglu-dev
>
> is not available.

these are virtual packages provided by other packages.
libgl-dev is provided (on my Debian lenny/sid) by any of the following:
libgl1-mesa-dev, libgl1-mesa-swx11-dev, nvidia-glx-dev,
nvidia-glx-legacy-96xx-dev, nvidia-glx-legacy-dev
liblu-dev is provided by libglu1-mesa-dev
chose the real package that fits you needs.

> #> aptitude install libxxf86vm-dev
> ok
> #> aptitude install ftgl-dev
> ok
> #> aptitude install libtiff3g-dev
>
> is not available

true. fortunately this is not a big problem as the dependency is optional.
nevertheless i will change it to "libtiff-dev" (meta-package depending
on libtff3g-dev or libtiff4-dev)

> #> aptitude install libjpeg62-dev
> ok
> #> aptitude install libmagick++9-dev
> ok
>
> #> aptitude install libmpeg3-dev libavifile-0.7-dev libquicktime-dev
> libdv4-dev
> ok, ok, ok, ok
>
> trying to compile anyways:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ldts
> collect2: ld gab 1 als Ende-Status zurück
> make: *** [Gem.pd_linux] Fehler 1

please file a bug-report in ubuntu, that pkg-config for libavifile
should not report dependencies on dts if the libavifile-0.7-dev packages
does not depend on libdts.
something like:

in the meantime, please do as cyrille suggests and install libdts-dev
you don't need to re-run configure, just linking should be fine.

thanks for your patience.

fgamsdr