[GEM-dev] building gem on windows

Jean-Yves Gratius jygratius at club.fr
Thu Dec 4 18:11:15 CET 2008

Hi,
sorry for my english...
I 'm trying to build gem on windows...

I removed pix_videoDS (too many problems with atlbase.h, atlconv.h,
dxtrans.h.... see http://mediatools.cs.ucl.ac.uk/nets/mmedia/changeset/4295)
Finally I succeeded in compiling all objects

I compiled directshow sample Multimedia baseclasses to get strmbase.lib

Now I'm getting linker errors with libfidtrack files :

like this :
libcmt.lib(stdexcpt.obj)||error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall
std::bad_cast::bad_cast(char const *)" (??0bad_cast at std@@QAE at PBD@Z)
already defined in libfidtrack_treeidmap.obj|

I get also a "LINK||fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'LIBC.lib'|"
but i read that libc.lib is no longer supported by vc 2005.

I can remember that there was some dependancies issues with
pix_fiducialtrack

or am I totally wrong ???

Thanks,
jyg

build options : /MT

Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2
DirectX sdk  (version 2008)
IDE : code:blocks
compiler VC 2005  (from vc2005 express edition)
Windows XP SP3