[GEM-dev] building gem on windows

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 19:18:06 CET 2008

The builds I did on Windows excluded the fiducialtrack object.  pix_videoDS
should build if you have Directshow built from the MS platform libs and not
from the old DirectX stuff.  Also, make sure that you build both a debug and
standard version of DS.  You will need to change the libs you link to to go
from debug to release builds.

I think the bad thing about the free MS compiler is that it does not
optimization on the code, so pix_ objects will be quite slow.

I really dislike developing on Windows, but the MS debugger destroys GDB.