[GEM-dev] libmagic

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jan 14 10:18:38 CET 2009

cyrille henry wrote:
> hello,
>
> I compile gem cvs with libmagic++, on ubuntu 8.10.
> pd still crash on exceptions :
>
> pd: magick/exception.c:932: ThrowMagickExceptionList: Assertion `exception->signature == 0xabacadabUL' failed.
> Pd: signal 6
> pd_gui: pd process exited
> Erreur de segmentation
>
> I thought Iohannes say it was fixed...

yes i did say so.

> so, i think it is still a bad idea to compile Gem with libmagick on ubuntu.
>
> or did i miss something?

i think this is the same problem as ben is experiencing here:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2449674&group_id=64325&atid=507079

could you try compiling Gem _with_ imagemagick++ and _without_ libtiff
(and eventually libjpeg)?
something like "./configure --without-tiff --without-jpeg"

this will still give you all the image-reading capabilities you had with
the 2 libraries included (since magick uses them or replacements anyhow).

it would be great to know whether this fixes the problem, in order to
incorporate the changes.

fgamsdr