[GEM-dev] model UV...

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 19:19:22 CET 2009

IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> marius schebella wrote:
>> IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>>> that's the model i used for testing whether it works...
>>
>> hmm, I compiled todays svn trunk version and before the one from jan
>> 22 and also tried the pd-extended version from jan21st. I think there
>> were no changes between all these(?). I get different results for
>> texture 0, texture 1 and texture 2, but texture 2 is not correct.
>> see http://www.parasitaere-kapazitaeten.net/files/textures_uv.zip
>> MacOSX 10.5.6, ATI Mobility Radeon X1600, MBP, Pd 0.41 Gem ver: 0.92.CVS.
>> Marius.
>
> hmm, it might be a problem with the loading order.
>
> try manually loading the image (or the model; can't remember which)
> first, by sending explicit [open( messages.
> it might be related to linux using threads to load the image (thus it
> might appear a bit after the model is loaded)...

how I could provide you with additional information. what do you need to
know? to me it looks strange that I only see stripes.
with the old version of gem I saw the image projected from above when I
used texture 0 and mapped onto the model (not the ground) when using
texture 1 (but of course not putting the things at the right place.)
but now all three textures look very similar like they was only 1 dimension.
marius.