[GEM-dev] framebuffer frustum

cyrille henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Fri Feb 13 00:40:40 CET 2009

Matthias Neuenhofer a écrit :
> super
> i compiled on Mac Osx 10.5.6.
>
> there was no OS specific part in, should also work on Microsoft.
>
> but shouldn´t the default texture out to rectangle?
why?
anyway, changing default could break old patch, so it's usually bad.

> my attention to the framebuffer was a side effect looking
> for a way to sort the render order for proper keying and
> discovered [gemreceive] - thanx IOhannes - which
> support the [set $1( to sort the chain with z values via [gemlist_info]
> it´s not perfect - always 1 frame to late - looks ok.
gemhead does also accept ordering. (via set message)

> but - is a gemhead which sort all clients by himself thinkable?
i can't imagine a generic solution
> a mapping from the z position multiplied with 1000 to the priority
> before it´s drawn in the framebuffer.
you can do this by hand, in a 2 pass rendering :
render a 1st time only to know the Z, then use it to change priority of the gemhead for the final rendering.