[GEM-dev] help files gemgl*

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Mar 24 01:01:09 CET 2009

I think it would be pretty easy to scrap that page and stick the key
text bits into the help page.  Something like "NAME", "C
SPECIFICATION", "PARAMETERS", and "DESCRIPTION".  I imagine that this
stuff doesn't change very often.

Ideally there would be working examples for each function, but that's
a big project.  What else should go on that help page?

.hc

On Mar 23, 2009, at 7:18 PM, chris clepper wrote:

> The GEMgl objects really require a working knowledge of OpenGL, and
> it would be a bit much to redo much of the standard texts in the
> help patches.  Just put a link to: http://www.glprogramming.com/blue/
>
> That should cover most of the objects - even the ones that can't
> possibly work in Pd/GEM.
>
> On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 6:20 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner
> <hans at eds.org> wrote:
>
> I am just looking at some of the GEMgl stuff, and noticed there are
> no helpfiles for any of them.  It seems that it would be quite
> useful to make a help template for these functions, then generate
> them automatically, since the objects themselves were auto-
> generated.  It would be very nice to have these help patches already
> generated from the OpenGL reference, and also included a link,
> perhaps.
>
> I just committed GLdefine-help.pd as a start.  Any thoughts on that?
>
> .hc

> As we enjoy great advantages from inventions of others, we should be
> glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours; and
> this we should do freely and generously.         - Benjamin Franklin

Access to computers should be unlimited and total.  - the hacker ethic