[GEM-dev] valid FSAA levels

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Mar 24 18:17:24 CET 2009

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I am documenting the FSAA message to the [gemwin]. It seems to me that
> it only takes the values 0,2,4,8.  There is a check in the C++ code, but
> its currently a little bit useless:
>
> void gemwin :: fsaaMess(int value)
> {
>     if (value == 2 || value == 4 || value == 8){
>         GemMan :: fsaa = value;
>     }
>     else{
>         GemMan :: fsaa = value;
>     }
> }

of course this is a bit redundant.
and of course it also means, that any value is allowed.

> It seems to me that it should issue a warning if 'value' is not a useful
> value.  Also, [FSAA 0( would be an intuitive way to turn off FSAA, it
> seems to work.

"useful" is something depending on the hardware/driver (Gem just passes
the parameter to the underlying hardware; at least on linux; and yes;
fsaa on linux currently only does something with nVidia)

i cannot think of a way to document this (unlike you want to maintain a
database of hardware/driver combinations)

mfgadsr