[GEM-dev] [ pd-gem-Feature Requests-2612731 ] glsl_geometry

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 10:47:20 CET 2009

2009/3/26 IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>:
> marius schebella wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I see two glsl_geometry files in the svn. but I am not sure which
>> version of svn I have to check out? it's not 0.91-3??
>
> i have to admit that i don't understand your question.
> there are indeed 2 glsl_geometry files (the .cpp file and the
> corresponding header file).
> you can find these files in the trunk (and not in any 0.91 branch nor
> release which will never get additional objects)

oops, I got that wrong, I checked out the 0.-91.3 branch recently and
did not find the files there. now I am fine, besides the fact that
trunk does not compile for me. but that's a different story.

>> has anyone already tested the objects?
>
> yes, both me and cyrille, with no success.
> unfortunately i (think i) don't have a machine with geometry-shader
> support to really make it work.

I have to admit I have not looked up any HW specs yet, which cards
support geometry shaders. hopefully I find one in Salzburg ;), but
even if it only runs as a software solution it might still be worth
trying out.
marius.