[GEM-dev] pix_video

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Apr 6 11:40:28 CEST 2009

johann scholz wrote:
> hi,
>
> i'm pretty new to puredata and so on, put already got this small
> prob: i can't connect with pix_video to my camera which is connected
> via firewire! do i need any messages to be sent to pix_video or anything
> else to define which camera to use? I'm working on winxp but found in the
> net just workarounds for linux or mac...any help would be great

please be a bit more specific about your problem (what does "i can't
connect" mean to you?); do you get any error messges? which ones?

which version of Gem and/or Pd are you using? (and even if you are using
Pd-extended, please tell us the version of Gem as displayed on the
console; i don't use Pd-extended and i don't know which version of Gem
comes with which versoin of PdX)

have you tried the help-files "pix_videoDS-help.pd" (and probably
"pix_video-help.pd")? do they work?

note that on some systems you must have only one [pix_video] instance
running at any given time, because the camera access is exclusive (read:
don't create a [pix_video] object and rightclick->help but navigate
manually to the help-patch without having a [pix_video] anywhere in your
patch)

fgmasdr