[GEM-dev] Gem window black on Matrox G450

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Apr 8 21:02:20 CEST 2009

Hallo,
IOhannes m zmoelnig hat gesagt: // IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Frank Barknecht wrote:
>> Hallo,
>>
>> I finally installed a fresh Gem 0.91.3 on my machine. Thankfully the
>> segfault crash on each "destroy" is still there, I'm used to it by
>> now.
>
> glad you like it.
>

>> But: Now Gem doesn't render anything - the window just stays black.
>> Here's what I'm linking to as shown by ldd Gem.pd_linux:
>
> # do you get any warnings/errors/messages on stderr and/or console?
> # have you tried GEM_SINGLE_CONTEXT=1 ?
> # does the [gemhead] emit messages?
> # do you think it is the same as
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1818637&group_id=64325&atid=507079?

Ah, I forgot about that one.

But now something interesting happened:
With GEM_SINGLE_CONTEXT=1 the screen still stays black.

But the crash on closing the gemwindow is gone! Oh noooooo!  :)

Actually that's pretty promising in general: I was getting the crash even with
single context rendering previously.

I don't get any errors in the console:

GEM: using GEM_SINGLE_CONTEXT
GEM: Direct Rendering enabled!