[GEM-dev] [ pd-gem-Feature Requests-2612731 ] glsl_geometry

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Apr 24 13:19:22 CEST 2009

cyrille henry wrote:

> i try anything i can think of, but i did never change the drawing
> behaviour : it work with cube in draw quad or draw triangles mode, but
> no line.

funny, because that is the order of working examples i had:
- first i ported the vertex-drawing code from the
http://cirl.missouri.edu/gpu/glsl_lessons/glsl_geometry_shader/ to gemGL
  glBegin(GL_LINES);glVertex2i(gw/2,0);glVertex2i(gw/2,gh);glEnd();
- because the line was so boring, i then used [triangle] in "line" mode
- only finally i used "fill"

so it actually was opposite to what you experience.
mabye i introduced some problems when i defaulted to "triangles" (mainly
because that's the major default mode in Gem)

> did you find a good resource to explain all of this?

no, but i didn't even search. probably matthias's mail points to some
good ressources.

>> so
>> [read shader.geom(
>> followed by a
>> [geometry_type GL_LINE_STRIP GL_LINES, read shader.geom(
>> should work fine
>
> do [read shader.geom( mean [open shader.geom(?
> [geometry_type GL_LINE_STRIP GL_LINES( should be send to glsl program,
> while [open shader.geom( to glsl_geometry.
>
> or did i misunderstand something?

ouch, ouch, Ctrl-Z
of course my stupid little message boxes should be followed by something
like...

[route read       ]
[symbol]          |
[open $1(         |