[GEM-dev] [ pd-gem-Feature Requests-2612731 ] glsl_geometry

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Apr 26 18:29:14 CEST 2009

Quoting "Matthias Neuenhofer" <matthias at neuenhofer.de>:

> success :)

> but before it worked i had to comment out line 173-176 in  glsl_geometry.ccp
> got the error "cannot load shader now" didn´t really understand why

because you tried to load the shader when no openGL context existed,
and glew was not yet initialized. loading of shaders is deferred till
rendering really starts, so it probably shouldn't bail out as an error.
however, initialized glew is crucial for shaders, as we don't know
whether the system actually supports openGL-2.0 (or 2.1 for
geom-shaders) without it.
just uncommenting the checks is a bad idea, if you want to not have
crashes on the majority of gfx-cards out there...

> and add the glProgramParameteriEXT to the LinkARB part in  glsl_program.ccp

thanks, i incorporated the changes to LinkARB (are there really
hw/drivers out there that only have tghe ARB extensions but do not
comply to openGL-2.x ?)

fgamsdr