[GEM-dev] uvc webcam (eee pc 900 built in) with pix_video?

ben at ekran.org ben at ekran.org
Mon May 11 13:16:17 CEST 2009

Thanks Cyrille.

I got a fresh checkout from svn thinking maybe some configure issue was
there. Very interestingly I am getting different pix_video outputs on
instantiation:

video driver 0: video4linux

no videot4linux2

This is after doing this on a fresh co:

aclocal && autoconf && ./configure --prefix=/usr && make

I'm confused...

Ah, well configure tells me whats up:

checking for PKG_LIBV4L1_CFLAGS...
checking for PKG_LIBV4L1_LIBS...
checking for libv4l1-config... no
checking for v4l1_open in -llibv4l1... no
checking for PKG_LIBV4L2_CFLAGS...
checking for PKG_LIBV4L2_LIBS...
checking for libv4l2-config... no
checking for v4l2_open in -llibv4l2... no

hmmm...

apt-get install --reinstall libv4l-0

does not make a difference.

seems gcc agrees:

gcc -llibv4l2
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llibv4l2

ummmm..

file /usr/lib/libv4l2.so.0
/usr/lib/libv4l2.so.0: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386, version
1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, stripped

I'm lost... but seems like little to do with Gem. I'll look into v4l
issues on intrepid.

Thanks all for trying.

.b.