[GEM-dev] uvc webcam (eee pc 900 built in) with pix_video?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon May 11 13:42:42 CEST 2009

ben at ekran.org wrote:
> Thanks Cyrille.
>
> I got a fresh checkout from svn thinking maybe some configure issue was
> there. Very interestingly I am getting different pix_video outputs on
> instantiation:
>
> video driver 0: video4linux
>
> no videot4linux2
>
> This is after doing this on a fresh co:
>
> aclocal && autoconf && ./configure --prefix=/usr && make
>
> I'm confused...
>
> Ah, well configure tells me whats up:
>
> checking for PKG_LIBV4L1_CFLAGS...
> checking for PKG_LIBV4L1_LIBS...
> checking for libv4l1-config... no
> checking for v4l1_open in -llibv4l1... no
> checking for PKG_LIBV4L2_CFLAGS...
> checking for PKG_LIBV4L2_LIBS...
> checking for libv4l2-config... no
> checking for v4l2_open in -llibv4l2... no

do you have "pkg-config" installed?
(make sure you do).

this is what should work:
$ pkg-config --libs libv4l1
-lv4l1

> hmmm...
>
> apt-get install --reinstall libv4l-0
>
> does not make a difference.
>
> seems gcc agrees:
>
> gcc -llibv4l2

obivous, as it should read "-lv4l2".
the configure-script is a bit at loss, as it need "libv4l1" as argument
to pkg-config and (lib)v4l1 as library to link against.

so i really guess the problem is a missing pkg-config.

> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llibv4l2
>
> ummmm..

fmgas.dr