[GEM-dev] Force Gem software rendering?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue May 12 15:15:55 CEST 2009

Hallo IOhannes,
IOhannes m zmoelnig hat gesagt: // IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> on some gfx-cards/drivers you might have luck by settings
> LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1

Okay, this seems to effectively disable DRI just fine: I don't get a crashing
Pd anymore when closing the gemwin and I also don't see the "Direct Rendering
enabled" message anymore on gemwin creation.

But, and that's a big BUT for me: I still cannot render anything. My screen
just stays black regardless of which help file I open.

I beginning to suspect that I'm doing something fundamentally wrong: Gem's just
not rendering anything regardless of what environment variables I use.

Ciao
--
Frank