[GEM-dev] pix_multiimage .png problem 2nd

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Wed May 20 03:21:02 CEST 2009

The size on disk doesn't matter because when the images are loaded they are
decompressed to 32 bit RGBA in RAM.  100:1 compressed or uncompressed images
will be the same size in RAM.

You can try making a single Quicktime movie out of the image sequence using
QTPro, and loading the movie into RAM.  The movie will not decompress, so
the savings of PNG or another codec will work there.  This works on OSX and
Windows.