[GEM-dev] v4l2 for webcam

Jack jack at rybn.org
Mon Jun 15 13:42:58 CEST 2009

Hello Iohannes,

Le 15 juin 09 à 08:56, IOhannes m zmoelnig a écrit :

> jack at rybn.org wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I just installed Ubuntu 9.04, pd-ext 0.41.4 on my new Toshiba Qosmio
>> F50-138 (GeForce 9700M GTS) and all works fine except the webcam
>> with GEM.
>> So i decided to download sources and compiled GEM with libv4l as
>> describe at
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/pd-list@iem.at/msg26631.html
>> I have (./configure) :
> [...]
>>   LIBS                   : -lmpeg3 -ljpeg -ltiff -lGLU -lGL -lXext
>> -lXext
>> -lX11 -ldl -lz -lm   -lpthread
>> 			 : -lftgl   -L/usr/lib -lquicktime -lpthread -lm -lz -ldl -
>> lquicktime
>> -lpthread -lm -lz -ldl
>>   LDFLAGS		 : -shared -Wl,-export-dynamic
> [...]
>>   input-support
>>     use v4l              : yes
>

> [...]
>
>> GEM works fine after that, but [pix_video] still not work, i get
>> in the Pd
>> console :
>> video driver 0: video4linux
>> So nothing about video4linux2 :(
>> What can i do ?
>
> it seems like configure does not recognize that you have libv4l
> installed.
>
> if you want to compile Gem with native libv4l support, make sure
> that you also have the _development_ packages for libv4l installed
> ("libv4l-devel" or the like on rpm-based distros)
Both (libv4l-0 version 0.5.8-1 and libv4l-dev version 0.5.8-1) have
been installed with synaptic.
I try apt-get install libv4l-dev, but i get a confirmation that i
have the most recent version.
I don't know if that can help you to understand but the pidip object
[pdp_v4l2] works fine here.

> if you want to just use the LD_PRELOAD hack, then you won't see the
> "video4linux2" line when starting Gem but it should work anyhow...
No, i don't want :)
But if it is the only one solution, i will try it.
Any Idea ?
++

Jack