[GEM-dev] pix_movie reads incorrect number of frames with huffyuv AVI

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Sep 8 18:30:27 CEST 2009

B. Bogart wrote:
> Hey Johannes,
>
> I'm currently using svn r2603 (trunk directory).
>
> I'm trying now with gmerlin compiled in.
>
> Ok, I've compiled in gmerlin support.
>
> pix_movie does report the proper number of frames (5065).
>
> But for some reason when I seek above 4902 (starting at 4903) the video
> locks up and will not seek anymore. In order to reset seeking I have to
> reload the video file.

i can confirm something like this:
after converting jose luis' pdcon-video using your ffmpeg line, i get a
video with 5064 frames, of which i can access 4901 frames (with 4902
being the 1st "locked" frame)
however:
- #4901 seems to display the last frame of the video (as displayed e.g.
by vlc, mplayer or avidemux (note that the latter displays Gem's #4901
as the correct #5064)
- seeking still works if i select earlier frames

this means that somehow the frame2position calculations is screwed up.

> This is still a marked improvement!
>
> Is gmerlin now an official replacement for libavifile, libmpeg3 ?

yes.
Gem still has support for everything, but gmerlin is definitely the
future way to go: it wraps all the rest.

> Even my m2t file plays, but does not seek, so gmerlin seems to support
> more formats.

and more.

fgmasdr