[GEM-dev] gem 64-bit?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Oct 7 18:42:33 CEST 2009

64-bit Gem on Mac OS X could drop Quicktime/Carbon in favor of
gstreamer and/or gmerlin which I believe is already implemented on GNU/
Linux.  Then its just window management, which doesn't seem so huge,
but I haven't done it before.

Am I right in assuming that Gem could really benefit by 64-bit because
it would allow it to use more than 4 gigs of RAM?

.hc

                             kill your television