[GEM-dev] gem fails on 10.4

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Nov 24 18:26:17 CET 2009

On Nov 24, 2009, at 9:15 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> If you need to test which version of gcc is in use, you can use
>> what I
>> have for FTGL:
>>
>> #if defined(__APPLE_CC__) && __APPLE_CC__<5400
>
> i don't understang the relation to FTGL.
> are you talking about the fink package "ftgl"?
>
> does Gem have any problems with FTGL on 10.4?

Yes, the software FTGL which is packaged as libftgl1 in Fink.  I
remember a similar error when using one version of the compiler and
not the other.  Fixing it for one version of the compiler broke it for
the other version of the compiler, hence that #if defined...

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during
that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big
Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      - General Smedley Butler