[GEM-dev] gem fails on 10.4

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Nov 25 11:11:29 CET 2009

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> All I am saying is that this is a technique used for a  bunch of code.
> I think that newer versions of gcc do stricter testing, that's why its
> relevant.

all i'm saying is that one should not test for one thing in order to get
properties of another thing.

your argument is, that the compiler has changed and now refuses (or:
refused then) to compile.
if this was for good reason, then the code should be fixed (in our case:
to use the correct types).
if it was for no good reasons, one could try to circumvent the compiler
(by taking hand-tailored measures)

anyhow, the problem is not the compiler. it is the header files.
thus the problem should not fixed for the compiler but for the headers.

i guess any compiler since OSX-10.2 would probably bail out at the very
same spot (and for good reasons).

could you try whether it works.

fgmasdr