[GEM-dev] Blending mode directly on objects, not pixes?

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 17:53:13 CET 2009

Hi,

Now, I don't know if this is possible at all.

Suppose I have a [rectangle] (or whatever primitive indeed) with a
texture, and something behind the rectangle.
Is it possible to have the rectangle "blend" with the background with
some blending mode (such as add, multiply, etc)?
(without having to render all the rest of the scene except the rectangle
into a texture via gemframebuffer, and then blending the two textures
with pix_add and friends)???

Isn't it a matter of shaders? I guess it could be achieved using openGL
functions... but is there a "simple" way?

Thanks
m.

--
Matteo Sisti Sette