[GEM-dev] (GEM) color invasion

cyrille henry ch at chnry.net
Sun Nov 29 19:28:24 CET 2009

Matteo Sisti Sette a écrit :
> cyrille henry escribió:
>
>> use trigger then.
>
> Well that would oblige me to render things in a given order (namely the
> coloured square last in this case) that may conflict with other order
> requirements.
if you wish to render something white, then red, then white, with the same gemhead, you obviously need at least 2 color objects.

> That is, the fact of applying certain things to a given subchain
> shouldn't be necessarily vinculated to the fact of implying a certain
> rendering order: they are two different concept and independent
> requirement... no?
it is like this in Gem, because of the way openGL is made. Gem is very close to the way openGL works.
if you read all Gem documentation and need more, then you should read a openGL book.

Cyrille