[GEM-dev] setting -mmacosx-version-min to 10.4

Jaime Oliver jaime.oliver2 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 18:14:25 CET 2009

well, I might have mislead us.

I just tried to compile gem with -mmacosx-version-min=10.3 in os x
10.6 and it seems to compile fine. I also tried pix_video-help.pd and
it seems to work ok. should I be testing any other help patches in
particular?

attached is the config.log for that build,

best,

On 12/16/09, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:
> IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>> if we can make it compile for 10.6 and that would mean that it won't
>> build on/for 10.3 no more, then i guess that we should do this.
>>
>> as long as it doesn't buld on 10.6 and we only know that it won't work
>> on 10.3, this does not sound very compelling to me.
>
> so now we do know that it compiles on 10.6 if the mmacosx-version-min is
> at least set to 10.4, this changes things a bit for me.
>
> does it work out-of-the-box if we leave out the -mmacosx-version-min
> alltogether?
>
> if not, i guess we should still omit this flag, and instead use the
> MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET envvariable.
>
> this way there is no need to do any quirks on the configure side.
>
> fgmasdr

Jaime E Oliver LR

joliverl at ucsd.edu
www.realidadvisual.org/jaimeoliver