[GEM-dev] [ pd-gem-Bugs-2926446 ] separator + texunit = GL stack overflow & underflow

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 3 16:49:04 CET 2010

Bugs item #2926446, was opened at 2010-01-05 21:09
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by zmoelnig
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=507079&aid=2926446&group_id=64325

not just the latest update.
>Category: Pixes (pix_ objects)
Group: any operating system

Initial Comment:
Using [separator] and, even under a separate [gemhead], sending a [texunit N( message to a [pix_texture] object, can cause continuous "GL: stack overflow" and/or underflow messages for some values of N.

Steps to reproduce the bug with the attached patch:
1) open the patch (you need three images img1,2,3.jpg)
2) click on the create message to open the gemwin and start rendering
3) click on the lower-right number (connected to img2) and enter any integer value other than 0, for example 1 or 2

A few "GL stack underflow" messages will appear on the console followed by a continuous flood of "GL stack overflows" messages

Switching back to a value of 0 should stop the error messages.

- Doing the same with the upper pix_texture seems not to produce errors
- the one on the left does
(seems quite random, may be different from machine to machine???)

- if you remove the separator you won't get any error.

Tested on windows. I think Cyrille Henry can confirm it, I don't know on what platform.

Obviously in this case the [separator] is not needed at all, but I do experience the same problems in cases where the separator is needed.

Date: 2010-02-03 16:49

Message:
kind of fixed in SVN rev3081